Re: PCMCIA Errors on Boot

Em Fri, 10 Sep 2004 14:50:10 +0200, John Vargo escreveu:

> I'm running Woody on an iMac with kernel 2.4.18-newpmac.

	You might be interested in the debian-powerpc list.

> INIT: Entering runlevel: 2
[…]
> Starting PCMCIA services:Linux Kernel Card Services 3.1.22
> Intel PCIC probe: not found.
> /lib/modules/2.4.18-newpmac/kernel/drivers/pcmcia/i82356.o:
> init_module: No such device

	So it looks like your system is still trying to load some
PCMCIA modules.

> Post-installation, the setup utility gave me the option to remove all
> PCMCIA services, and I chose this option. Additionally, I did a dpkg
> -l|grep 'pcmcia' and removed all packages containing pcmcia (there was
> only one).

	You might want to check your modules configuration, try
modconf.

	If you are using discover, hotplug, kudzu you might want to
blacklist pcmcia, or when applicable simply to prevent these systems
from probing for the PCMCIA bus.

	I myself ended up removing discover2, which is more
complicated to configure than discover1.  It is XML, the horror!

--
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra     +55 (44) 3028 7467 ext34
Rua Guarani 361 ap 601 – Z4                    +55 (44) 3025 6253