Running Totem

I can't run totem more than a few seconds:

$ totem
(totem:28815): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Could not open network socket.
** Message: XINE_META_INFO_SYSTEMLAYER: imagedmx
The program 'totem' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)'.
  (Details: serial 70 error_code 11 request_code 142 minor_code 19)

I've done some googleing on this. I am now member of the following
groups:

therning cdrom floppy audio src video users crontab

The video card is the following (reported by lspci):

0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Rage 128 Pro Ultra TF

Any hints or ideas?

/M

magnus@therning.org
http://magnus.therning.org/

Microsoft is after all our entertainment technologies. It is an assault on
so many fronts it is easy to lose track.
     -- David Strom