Re: spurious interrupt error causes a kernel panic during Debian install

Lorenzo Cuciniello wrote:

Hi everybody!
Here is the nth newbie having problems with this error.
I searched over the Net (uncle Google rules... ) but not encountered the solution to my puzzling dilemma. I ever read about poeople who experience this error during the normal computing activity (solving it with a simple dmesg),but none during the install process. Briefly, my problem is that I cannot install Woody (3.0r2) with precompiled bf24 kernel image on my machine,because of this error after the first kernel loading.
The error is:
Spurious 8259A interrupt:IRQ7
kernel panic!
attempt to kill init

The two events are unrelated. The spurious interrupts have been going on for years. Not that I can locate one just now, but a little googling should clear that point up.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait