Re: Cannot get this virtual package right!

David A. Cobb wrote:
I currently am running kernel-2.6.7-1 and I've slowly brought many key components up to the bleeding edge.
I have apt at 0.6.25

I keep getting
(aptitude, and others) depends on "libapt-pkg-libc6.3-5-3.3; however:
 Package libapt-pkg-libc6.3-5-3.3 is not installed."

I googled the site, and find that this is a virtual package and that it caused a batch of problems a while back; also that it should be provided by apt-utils. I did not get any errors listed when I installed from <apt-utils_0.6.25_i386.deb>.

Please, what do I need to do to get this library to show up?? There is, evidently, a shared-object library by the same name that I should have but do not.

it is provided by apt in testing/unstable, if you want to use experimental's apt you will have to rebuild aptitude et al against libapt-pkg-dev from experimental.