Re: Java Plugins in Mozilla 1.6

Assume that your java base directory is /usr/local/jre, then what you shold do is :

ln -s /usr/local/jre/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so

if you installed mozilla using older version of gcc ( above is using gcc version 3 0 then choose ns610 or look
at directories under /usr/local/you java base directory/plugin/i386

after that, restart mozilla then type about:plugins on address bar to see if java has been detected or not.

hope this help

cheers,

--me--

J. Hannemann wrote:

I'm currently running Sarge and have been having
difficulties in getting the browser plugin to work.

I d/l the latest JRE from Sun and followed all
instructions, including making a symlink from the
/usr/local/<java directory> to the
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins directory.

When I tried the ns4 plugins, I got no rendering of
any java-based web page parts; when I tried the
ns610/ns610 with gcc, the browser crashes.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for all responses.

=====
FreeBSD