Re: Recording the screen

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 05:18:24PM +0200, Magnus Therning wrote:
> I am preparing a presentation and I'd love to be able to make a movie
> out of a session at the computer, i.e. I'd like to capture the screen
> repetitively and then be able to play it back as a movie.
>
> Is there a ready solution for me?

In woody:

 apt-cache search capture screen
 cgoban - Complete Go board
 scrot - command line screen capture utility

 apt-cache show scrot

[...]

 scrot (SCReen shOT) is a simple commandline screen capture
 utility that uses imlib2 to grab and save images. Multiple
 image formats are supported through imlib2's dynamic saver
  modules.

maybe you could write a script to execute scrot at certain intervals, and
then build a movie with some other utility (gimp?, some command line utility
I don't remember now?). I haven't used scrot, so I don't know how it works.

Regards,
						    Victor