Re: Examine Package Conflicts

ms419@freezone.co.uk wrote:

How does one examine conflicts between packages' dependancies?

I just tried upgrading my system, & APT concluded that an important package had to be removed. Now I must figure out which packages' dependancies require my important package's removal, so I can remove them, or otherwise satisfy their dependancies.

I've been over the APT HOWTO, but I'm still not clear which tool to use, to discover for what reason my important package must be removed.

Many thanks for your APT advice!

Jack

install synaptic , find package and look at properties.