Re: Problem building X.org X11R6.8.0 on a Debian unstable system..

Steve Smith wrote:

"Kevin" == Kevin Cave <kevin@scarygliders.net> writes:
Hmm, I'm slowly going insane over this. Either I've suddenly lost
all my Clue, or the above source just won't compile.

So, I've read the documentation on compiling, I've also read Steve
Smith's wonderfull howto at
http://incubator.vislab.usyd.edu.au/roller/page/Steve/20040909 , and

Thanks :)

followed that, whilst correcting the small gaffe in it ("cp
xorgsite.conf host.conf" should read "cp xorgsite.def to
host.def").

Oops, corrected.  Thanks.

No problem, always happy to help ;)

`/usr/src/xc-build/doc/man/misc' make[3]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/xc-build/doc/man' cleaning in doc/hardcopy...  make: ***
hardcopy: No such file or directory.  Stop.  make: Entering an
unknown directorymake: Leaving an unknown directorymake[2]: ***
[clean] Error 2 make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/xc-build/doc'
make[1]: *** [clean] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/xc-build' make: *** [World] Error 2
picard:/usr/src/xc-build#

What are you building from, tarballs or CVS?  I've personally only
tried CVS so you could try that, details at:

	http://freedesktop.org/XOrg/CvsPage

Cheers,
Steve

I'll try the CVS version tomorrow. Just wondering, though,
what environment you compiled it in? Whether it's Debian Stable, Testing, or Unstabel?

Regards,

Kevin Cave.