Re: Installing Package To Floppy

Andreas Janssen wrote:
> Hello

> Depends on the package. In your case I think it doesn't make a
> difference, you probably only need the pv binary anyway. Looking at

<http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?searchmode=filelist&w
ord=pv&version=unstable&arch=i386>
> it seems that the package only contains the binary, documentation and
> i18n files, and the package only depends on libc6, so very likely the
> binary can be run directly from floppy.
>
> best regards
>         Andreas Janssen

Andreas,

I've run dpkg -x pv_0.8.6_i386.deb /mnt/floppy as you suggested but get "no
such file or directory" errors for it. I don't think I erred in typing the
command. By dint of my own checking your version number would seem to be
absolutely correct. Sorry to drag this out but I'm not getting the package
with the dpkg command above. Any ideas?

jlowell