Re: Shrinking of NTFS partition??

> On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Ishwar Rattan wrote:
> > System is Debian based Knoppix-3.6 running kernel-2.6.7
> >
> > Is there a utility to reduce the size or shrink an NTFS
> > partition. It is a 30Gb disk with about 8Gb of data (at
> > least that is what du -sk tells after mounting it).

ntfsresize is your man, maybe via some nice frontend like QtParted.

The ntfsresize FAQ is an essential read, as there are quite a few caveats and
warnings.
http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/mlf/ezaz/ntfsresize.html

(On a couple of troublesome machines recently I have had to use ntfsresize and
fdisk from the command line, booting off the Rescue-Is-Possible floppy.
Utterly reliable, if a little fiddly.)

cheers,
Simon