spurious interrupt error causes a kernel panic during Debian install

Hi everybody!
Here is the nth newbie having problems with this error.
I searched over the Net (uncle Google rules... ) but not encountered the solution to my puzzling dilemma. I ever read about poeople who experience this error during the normal computing activity (solving it with a simple dmesg),but none during the install process. Briefly, my problem is that I cannot install Woody (3.0r2) with precompiled bf24 kernel image on my machine,because of this error after the first kernel loading.
The error is:
*************
Spurious 8259A interrupt:IRQ7
kernel panic!
attempt to kill init
**************
subsequently the PC hangs.No way to go on!I have to physically restart the machine.
I don't think my PC is too exotic: here it:
ASUS A7v600x with 512Mb Ram (SATA RAID onboard,but not used,LAN Via Rhine,audio AC97 5.1 onboard)
Nvidia Geforce 440Mx 64Mb
/dev/hda Maxtor 60Gb PATA
/dev/hdb LG DVD
/dev/hdc Maxtor 80Gb PATA
/dev/hdd LG CD-RW
LAN Card RTL8139 10/100
Creative Live! Soundblaster 5.1
Philips TV card
I already tried to solve disconnecting all peripherals and cards,but the error still persists.I also tried the "noapic" install kernel option without results.
The sole "scientific" explanation is here:
http://www7.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~ksjh/research/cluster/timesync/sprint.html
The series 2.2.x kernel seems to work fine.The problem exists only with kernels from 2.4.18 to 2.4.26.I still did not try the 2.4.27 because in this moment I don't have a spare PC with Linux inside,and I have to compile it.

Comments and solutions are welcome
P.s.: excuse me for my bad English! :-)

Grazie!
Lorenzo