Re: Dual Boot Problem

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 02:41:34PM -0400, Patrick Moroney wrote:
> CW Harris wrote:
> >On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 01:28:14PM -0400, Patrick Moroney wrote:
> >>CW Harris wrote:
[...]

> >>--Will do with regard to the rescue option  - I'll look at the boot
> >>options.  But pretty sure I tried this . . .

You might also look over the errata for the installer (although I didn't
see anything quickly related to your problem---but it may be as simple
as booting the netinstall CD and booting the CD kernel as:

linux root=/dev/hda2	(IIRC this was your root - change as needed)
                        (or linux26 if using the 2.6 kernel)

(I have not played around a lot with the netinstall CD, but I know there
 are places where you can get to a shell and mount your partition to see
 what your lilo.conf looks like.)

Or use Knoppix or other CD runnable disks as rescue disk for a more
complete environment to troubleshoot.

--
Chris Harris <charris@rtcmarketing.com>
GNU/Linux --- The best things in life are free.