Re: Sendmail: Deferred: Name server: <address>: host name lookup failure

> Do you send these message from the host itself ?

These were sent from within the local network, not from the host itself

I've just tried sending a message from the host itself (using the mail
command) and get the same result

> What are the error messages sent back to you ?

The original message was received at Mon, 6 Sep 2004 16:00:29 +1000
from robert [192.168.0.7]

<robert_s@emailme.net.au>

<robert_s@emailme.net.au>... Deferred: Name server: emailme.net.au.: host
name
lookup failure
Message could not be delivered for 1 minute
Message will be deleted from queue

> It seems to me that you need genericstable and generics-domain-file.> See
this: ctladdr=robert@debian

That's a hangover from when we only used this for local delivery.  I've
fixed this by changing the sender of messages to "robert@mydomain.com".
Still no joy.

If this is of any help:  I have set up DNS hosting with EveryDNS.net.  Here
is my entry (as per their instructions):

Current Records:          HostType    Value                            MX
TTL
mail.mydomain.net.au    A                xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx            N/A
86400
mydomain.net.au           A                xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx            N/A
86400
mydomain.net.au           MX            mail.mydomain.net.au    108    6400
www.mydomain.net.au  A               xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx             N/A
86400

Is this set up properly??  I am a complete n00b when it comes to this!