Stopping kernel 2.6/discover loading Alsa and OSS

Hi,

I just upgraded from 2.4.26 to 2.6.8 from unstable, in the process I upgraded hotplug, alsa, and discover to version 2, everyhing is generally fine, apart from when I run the gnome-mixer, it shows a sigmatel soundcard?? and my SB live (alsa).

I have no alsa configuration files in /etc/alsa any more, as I moved these to a tmp location, to avoid problems, the problem is discover has changed the way they handle the config, it's xml based, and I cannot see (even after googling), what I need to put in there to avoid running oss drivers ( yes I know I can not build them in the kernel, but this kernel will be used in my dads machine, which alsa does not support).

I've tried converting the old discover.conf to the the discover configuration, as this was suggested, and nothing, it just moans, about invalid config options.

Is there a way I can only load one or the other?
Thanks

Mark