Re: Addusers and domains ?

Mark Lijftogt wrote:

John Summerfield wrote:

Mark Lijftogt wrote:

Well.. any imap service is not related to domains.

Mail for qut.nl and theregister.co.uk could be hosted on the same physical host with one IP address. by using virtual domains. I don't know whether Courier supports this, by Cyrus does.

that's a job done by the mta, not done by a service to provide access to the mail.. so.. please .. correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the vhosting bit something that is done by service that provides
the smtp service ?

I've not used Courier, I use Cyrus.

In my setup, Cyrus has separate mailstores for different domains so mark@qut.nl != mark@theregister.co.uk.

Postfix _tells_ Cyrus who the mail's for, including domain name, but Cyrus validates the localpart (mark) and accepts or rejects it based on whether the local part's valid for the domain.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait