HP DeskJet 895C

Hi All,

I'm having problems with getting my HP DeskJet 895C printer to work. It is connected with a usb cable. I have, I think anyway, all the appropriate usb modules (ehci, uhci, usblp, and usbcore) loaded in the 2.6.8 kernel I'm using, and I'm running sarge(upgrade from woody). I also have CUPS and the HP drivers "hpijs" and "hpoj" installed. I can log onto the CUPS admin page and work with it so CUPS seems to be installed correctly. However, I cannot get the computer to find the printer. I know the printer works as I just unplugged it from another computer and used the same usb cable for both hookups. Anyone have any good ideas for troubleshooting this? Being a newbie to Linux I'm at the end of my own ideas as to where to go from here. I have run the "/etc/init.d/hpoj setup" command and it scans for, but does not find the printer. I have the .ppd file for the printer installed in the /usr/share/cups/model/ directory. The /proc/bus/usb/ directory is empty. When I tell CUPS to look to usb interfaces for the printer, no matter what usb interface # I have used, the error log tells me the device can't be found. When I run "gs -h" the "ijs" device is listed in the output.