Sarge install hangs on reboot

I am trying to install Sarge on a Gateway Solo 1150 laptop and it is hanging after I reboot.  Specifically it hangs on bootup when I see "boot" on the screen.  I am using the Sarge disks (downloaded iso's) from debian.org and there doesn't seem to be a problem with the initial base install or hardware detection.

I have Librenet (2.7?) installed on the machine currently, but was planning on a re-partition and a fresh Sarge install.  Anyone have a guess as to what I can try?

Thanks,
Preston