gkrellmss and alsa

Hi,

I have Debian/Unstable installed with 2.6.8.1-mm4. I user alsa with the a special .asoundrc (attached). I have now installed gkrellm & gkrellmss. The problem is, that when I click on the sound scope part I get this error message:

Can't open ALSA monitoring.
Look for an "ALSA lib" console error message.

my problem is that I tried to find some logs or places where I could find that error message. Sadly I had no luck.

Does anybody know what kind of problem that could be? I couldn't find anything with google yet.

lg, clemens
pcm.!default {
	type plug
	slave.pcm "dmixer"