Re: Cannot connect to CVS -help!

Hi Keeling,

Thankyou Somuch for the reply

> Just a shot in the dark: are you running identd, and have you opened
> up port 113/tcp for it?  You might also try fauxident instead of
> identd.  It's sufficient to fake out some servers' requirements.

I am new to CVS. I searched the web and followed the steps said in
http://www.crazysquirrel.com/debian/cvs.php
to get CVS setup on my computer.

Since my Debian did not have the file xinetd.d in /etc folder I
configured inetd.d by addingthe line

cvspserver      stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd
/usr/sbin/cvs-pserver

in my /etc/inetd.conf.

How do I openup port tcp/113 for it?

> And are you running as root?  Why?

I don't know How do i find out whether i am running as one?

Thanks a lot for the reply

Regards

Siju