Re: gpg timelimit in mutt

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 12:15:53AM -0400, Kevin Mark wrote:
>Hi D-users,
>I use mutt to compose emails and I use a gpg signature.
>If I send 2 messages minutes apart, I have to enter my passphrase twice.
>But if I send 2 messages within a minute, I have to enter my passphrase
>once. Is there a way to have my passphrase expiration time lengthened?

Yes.  In your .muttrc, use this line:

set pgp_timeout=[time in seconds]

This is in the Fine Manual, by the way.  For mutt-specific questions,
try these archives of mutt-users first:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mutt-users&r=1&w=2

>What is a 'secure' but 'reasonable' time?

Who has physical access to your machine, and how long do you leave it
unattended?  You only need to worry if you leave mutt open and
unattended where others may gain access to your terminal and session
*physically*.
--

yours,

William