Semi-OT: Squirrelmail vs. IlohaMail

Hello,

I just noticed IlohaMail in Debian Sarge today and installed it to see
how it works. This is on a server running Qmail/Vpopmail w/courier-imap
and all the other patches from www.qmailrocks.org.

So far, my experiences with IlohaMail have been great; the installation
was as easy as Squirrelmail. Logins can be a little bit more confusing -
it requires you to enter the hostname and server type, instead of
automatically assuming IMAP and letting you add POP3 later, like SM
does. Concerning speed, however, IlohaMail blows SM out of the water.
It's about 3 times faster!

So, I'm wondering. Does anyone else have experience with IlohaMail or
even better; IM and SM? I'm wondering how they compare code-wise;
security, how well they handle errors, etc. I would tend to assume SM's
slower speed is because it does more sanity checks in the background, as
well as it's extensive plugins capability. But I know that's not always
the case.

Any thoughts, experiences?

TIA,
Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #6:
A Linux machine! because a 486 is a terrible thing to waste!