Re: How to Internet sharing with IPCop?

Lourens replying to Phillipus Gunawan <mr_phillipus@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Hi there,
>
>  I just installed IPCop on my old celeron. I got USB
>  DLINK DSL200 modem. Anyhow, I got everything working
>  under control, the IPCop box is connected to Internet.

Not a question for a Debian list but I will help you - we should take
this off-list though, so email me directly.

>  The problem is, even I set my windowz pointing the
>  IPCop ip (green: 192.168.1.1) as the gateaway, still
>  nothing happen, I can not connect to Internet from my
>  windowz.

Please supply me with the following info:
 IPCOP;
  version
  updates that you have applied
  all the settings for your GREEN interface

 doze;
  version
  ip / netmask
  gateway
  dns

>  Assuming that I do not want to block any ports, how to
>  set completely transparant internet sharing?

Tick both "Enabled" and "Transparent" in Services -> web proxy
and do not configure your doze machine with any proxy settings.

>  And why even I enabled the 'IDS' (snort), in the
>  information page always stating that the IDS is
>  disabled. This also the same case for VPN. Do I need
>  to install the snort and VPN?

Snort is a good idea. I doubt that you would need VPN.

>  Thanks

BTW - I only read my list emails at home/evenings (UCT +2).

Have fun.

*****

Lourens Steenkamp
Enjoying Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 r2