Re: gnumeric or oocalc

Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
> Hi all
>        My intention is not to start a flamewar but to get opinions on
> which spreadsheet software is better? While having choice is better, I
> would prefer to start with one and stick to it if possible. In
> particular I am looking for
>
> 1) things which can be done in one but cant be done in another?
>
> 2) Which is better compatible with microsoft excel?
>
> 3) which requires more memory, speed, other performance aspects?
>
> 4) which is being actively developed and has good documentation?
>
> 5) Any better spreadsheet programs out there which I have not looked at?
>
> 6) Enable some sort of scripting along with gui?

I have another criteria which you may or may not find relevant: is it
cross-platform.  This is a critical issue to me, because i need to be
able to recommend the tool to the end users i support, and most of them
still use Windows or Mac.  Therefore, if there is a cross-platform
solution that works (i.e. OpenOffice.org), i recommend it.  I do the
same with browsers and email (Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird).

--
Paul
<http://paulgear.webhop.net>