Re: OT: Re: how to start jbidwatcher

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 12:38:00 -0700
Mike Chandler <mailmanmike@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On Monday 06 September 2004 12:31 pm, Jacob S. wrote:
> > I've never actually used jbidwatcher, just a couple of other java
> > programs unrelated to ebay. For ebay I've been using 'bidwatcher'
> > (similar name, unrelated project from what I can see). It works
> > well, but it's not quite as fancy as jbidwatcher, so I may have to
> > play around with jbidwatcher now. :-)
> >
> > I definitely like sniping my bids though. Otherwise it's pretty much
> > impossible to find any kind of bargains on ebay these days (or at
> > least in the computer sections where I spend most of my time).
> >
> > Jacob
>  I was using bidwatcher as well, but the version in deb testing
>  crashed during
> auction updates, (search around for this... it's a common and ongoing
> problem.. but may have been fixed by now...) and I actually found out
> about jbidwatcher while browsing a forum about bugs related to
> bidwatcher. Mike

Yes, I've heard it takes too long for bidwatcher to get packaged as a
.deb before ebay changes their site again. I had to compile it from
source downloaded from the homepage on sf.net before it would work for
me. Not too much different from downloading and installing jbidwatcher,
except that you don't have to compile jbidwatcher for yourself.

Thanks,
Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #55:
Given enough time and money, eventually Microsoft will re-invent UNIX.