From: CW Harris [mailto:charris@rtcmarketing.com]
Sent: vrijdag 3 september 2004 18:31
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Samba upgrade to 3.06 is causing problems

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 02:58:34PM +0200, Remon Vos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I upgraded my linux box using dselect.
> Also samba 3.06 was installed in this process.
> Since then i'm unable to reach files from my windows machine on my linux
> server.
> I'm still able to open directories, but not any of the files. My windows
> machine locks up until I shut down samba on the linux server.

You mean you can browse the shares but not the files, or can you
actually browse directories in the shares also?  Sounds like a
permissions issue, but it seems like a strange change.

What authentication, security=user, security=share?

> Any ideas?

Do you have any errors in your samba/log.[sn]mb files?
Does "testparm" show any problems with your smb.conf file?

FWIW, I just upgraded and did not experience this (the only prob I
experienced was the not well enough documented add "smb ports = 139" if
you are using netbios aliases to appear as multiple hosts).

I see on the samba site that a version 3.0.7 is coming out soon to fix
some noticeable problems with 3.0.6, but they didn't exactly sound like
your problem.  Maybe you can search the samba lists (I only did a quick
search) for more help?

--
Chris Harris <charris@rtcmarketing.com>