Re: how to save changes to the routing table

On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 09:06:19PM +1000, Kristin Stock wrote:

> I am a new debian user, and have just installed debian on an old PC.
> I am in the process of setting up a local network, and find that when
> I boot up, some spurious entries in the routing table are causing
> problems.  When I delete these and retain only the routing table
> entries that should be there, everything is fine and I can ping to and
> from the computer.
>
> However, everytime I boot up, the routing table returns to its
> previous state with the incorrect entries (they are to an interface
> that doesn't, as far as I know exist, not to my installed NIC
> interface).

What interface is that?  If it is sl0 or tap0, try
"apt-get remove diald" unless you want to use diald.  "man diald" if
you don't know what it is.  If you have a dial-up internet connection,
diald controls dialing on demand.  For many users, the built-in
demand-dialing of pppd is sufficient.

--
 If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests? (Think about it)