Re: Debian + ndiswrapper == Hair Loss!!

overbored <overbored@overbored.net> said on Sun, 05 Sep 2004 15:22:10 -0700:
> Hi all,

What's Debian's policy on crossposting to debian groups? Probably not
posting to all Debian's groups :)

> Furthermore, if I try to boot into my new 2.6.8 kernel, I get a kernel
> panic (starting with 'VFS:') about being unable to mount the root file
> system. I don't know if this is related at all.

Debian's 2.6?

Make sure you have the relevant initrd lines in the /etc/lilo.conf (or
grub, etc) file. This bit me lastnight when I forgot to update one of
the lilo stanzas. The correct line in my case was:
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img-2.4.27-1-386
in my
    image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.27-1-386
stanza.