Re: Mozilla Bus error sadness

MJ Inabnit wrote:

Greetings wonderful Debian users:

I have a mostly testing install with a bit of unstable tossed in for flavor--mozilla browser (1.7x).  After the system updated several things, I loaded up mozilla just fine.  Ran like a top.  Now, if I try to launch it, I get "Bus error".  I removed it and reinstalled with same results.  I then installed the testing version and STILL get the same results.

I am DESPERATE!  Help me, help me! (in fly talk).

The system is an Intel P4 (2.4Ghz) Dell with 128MB RAM
using I810 video driver and xfree 4.3

Everything else seems to run perfectly.

Thanks so much for any possible assistance.

Regards

Try moving your current profile directory out of the way, or try another user who has never used Moz before. Does it work? If so, you know the problem is in your profile. If not, I'd google for "mozilla bus error".

--
Kent