Re: Alsa in Debian Sarge? How to?

> > hid
> > i810_audio

Oops, I had removed it before in one of the reboots and it didn't change
anything then, so I put it back in.

I guess this was just a matter of alsa being set to volume zero and the
wrong driver being loaded. I normally try one thing out like removing a
line in a config file and if it doesn't work I undo the change so I
don't wreck the system.

So when I unloaded the driver I still couldn't hear anything because
volume was set to zero and so I plugged it back in, and when I set the
volume to >0 I couldn't hear anything because the wrong driver was
loaded...

Hmm, stupid me.

thank you,
Pascal