Re: Libtiff and hylafax

--Am Montag, 6. September 2004 01:23 +1000 Clement <clement@ans.com.au>
schrieb:

> Tobias Kirchhofer wrote:
>
>> <clement@ans.com.au> schrieb:
>>

>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> In Sarge, Hylafax does not work well with Libtiff 3.6.1-1.  But if I
>>> downgrade Libtiff to 3.5.7, the next apt-get upgrade will probably
>>> move it back to 3.6.1.  What do you Hylafax users do?
>>>

>> I solved it with an entry in /etc/apt/preferences:
>>
>> Package: libtiff3g
>> Pin: version 3.5.7*
>> Pin-Priority: 999
>>
>> Package: libtiff-tools
>> Pin: version 3.5.7*
>> Pin-Priority: 999
>>

> This is great.  But now, I don't know where to find the
> libtiff3g_3.5.7*.deb and ligtiff-tools_3.5.7*.deb.  Both my closest
> mirror, mirror.aarnet.edu.au and ntp.debian.org do not have the files
> in their pool/main/t/tiff3g directory.  Google is not too helpful
> either.  Can someone shed some light here?

Find it with google:

libtiff3g_3.5.7-2_i386.deb
libtiff-tools_3.5.7-2_i386.deb

Or try version 3.5.5 from <http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages>.

Uninstall current 3.6.1 libtiff with apt-get remove.
Then dpkg -i with the two archives and you're done, if memory serves me
right.

Greetings

--
Tobias Kirchhofer