Re: path for ps2 mouse and keyboard

Hello

Paul Akkermans (<paulakkermans@wanadoo.nl>) wrote:

> I am setting up a X environment but I have some trouble figuring out
> which path to fill in when Xfree86Config asks what my path is for my
> ps2 mouse and my ps2 keyboard. Consequently, when I start my X
> environment I cannot give any input to my debian system through my
> mouse or my keyboard. Can somebody tell me what the correct path
> should be? (e.g:/dev/tty0 or something like that?)

If you use kernel 2.4 the mouse device is /dev/psaux. With 2.6,
enter /dev/input/mice.

For your keyboard, you probably want to use pc101, pc104 or pc105,
depending on the number of keys. You don't need to enter any device
file for your keyboard.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270