Re: Re: Woody serial mouse problems solved in BIOS?

Hi Stefan
Well I don't profess to know much about Linux

And, no-one's yet told me how to undo a symlink.......

Its been a right
battle to find out how to alter things 'post-install', learned a lot but
really, 3 weeks to get an OS running off and on ? I'm a novice at reading things up
in files hidden inside weird hda drives.  Why don't they install the help files
inside the apache web directory? (or do they  :) at least I could sit at my
windows2000 (careful!) screen and look at them remotely... after I got the network card going after another battle... just add a '0' option to the 3C905 module install
and it actually works....

My board's an AT (not ATX as stated) and doesn't have a ps2
socket...  after all, people are running Linux on older machines often..
That was the point of mentioning the post's subject... everyone using PS2,
as you say out of the box...  but not always so with serial mouseses....

Yes I used vi....  (is it) ...  years ago
If I want to cut a small branch, I use a small saw...
ee does the job I need to do.  Holy wars ...   They told me vi was
the only editor for Unix, we had no choice...  ''''I do now''''...

As I said...  or meant to... it's up to newbies to shout a little because
otherwise these os's will always be left 'user-unfriendly enough' to prevent
people getting them running.  Someone could take an honest look at
the newbies probs and write a useful web support package?

Why obscure simple processes within pages of over technical setup
procedures...  Debian wants to be popular ...

btw my career was design electronics, and if I couldn't explain something
in simple terms it usually meant I didn't understand it properly myself!