Re: Konqueror File Associations

Kent West wrote:

> Steven Feinstein wrote:
>
>>What I want to do from within Konqueror is to be able to click on a file
>>and
>>have it open in an application of my choosing.  For example, most videos
>>on
>>my machine open in kaboodle.  I would prefer they open in MPlayer.
>>Graphic
>>files open in kview (I think) I reprefer XnView.  And, PDFs open in KPDF
>>or
>>KGhostView (I forget which) I prefer xPDF.  Right now the only way to do
>>this is click on Open With... and select the app.  I don't want to have to
>>do this every time.  So, I would like to change the application that
>>Konqueror assoicates with a file.
>>

> You should be able to just right-click on your file, select "Open With",
> choose your preferred app, and at the bottom of this window (before you
> click on OK), should be something like "Remember application association
> for this type of file". That should set that file type to open with your
> preferred app in the future.

I agree with you.  That is what should happen.  But for some reason it's
not.  I right-click, select Open With.., Other choose my app from the
Debian menu (in this case Debian | Apps | Viewers | MPlayer).  I select
Remember Application Association and it says Updating Configuration.. and
then opens the file in MPlayer.  The next time I left click on that file,
kaboodle opens again.

I don't know if I have a setting wrong or its a permissions issue somewhere,
but the association is not staying.

I'm running Sarge with packages last updated 9/1.

Steve