Re: Konqueror File Associations

Steven Feinstein wrote:

What I want to do from within Konqueror is to be able to click on a file and
have it open in an application of my choosing.  For example, most videos on
my machine open in kaboodle.  I would prefer they open in MPlayer.  Graphic
files open in kview (I think) I reprefer XnView.  And, PDFs open in KPDF or
KGhostView (I forget which) I prefer xPDF.  Right now the only way to do
this is click on Open With... and select the app.  I don't want to have to
do this every time.  So, I would like to change the application that
Konqueror assoicates with a file.

You should be able to just right-click on your file, select "Open With", choose your preferred app, and at the bottom of this window (before you click on OK), should be something like "Remember application association for this type of file". That should set that file type to open with your preferred app in the future.

--
Kent