Re: hotplug PS2 keyboard

Andreas Janssen wrote:
> Hello
>
> Li Daobing (<lidaobing@gmail.com>) wrote:
>

>>I have a linux server, the system is Debian sarge, kernel version is
>>2.6.7. I want to know how to make the PS2 keyboard hotplug.
>

> As far as I know the PS/2 hardware normally is not hotpluggable, and the
> mainboard /can/ be damaged if you do it anyway. Are you sure it works
> on your hardware without damaging it?

Although PS/2 is not technically designed for hot plug, i've found very
few pieces of modern hardware that don't successfully hot-plug
keyboards.  I find if i boot with the keyboard (or KVM) attached, i can
pull it in and out pretty much at will.  I often do this with my servers
at home.  Of course, this has the potential to blow the board, so i'm
taking a risk every time i do it, but i haven't been bitten yet.
--
Paul
<http://paulgear.webhop.net>