Re: Samba upgrade to 3.06 is causing problems

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 12:52:56 -0400
Wayne Topa <brittman@capital.net> wrote:

> Remon Vos(vos@boss.nl) is reported to have said:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I upgraded my linux box using dselect.
> > Also samba 3.06 was installed in this process.
> > Since then i'm unable to reach files from my windows machine on my
> > linux server.
> > I'm still able to open directories, but not any of the files. My
> > windows machine locks up until I shut down samba on the linux
> > server.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> Have you checked the BTS??
>
> Bug #269587 _may_ be what you are seeing.

Or Bug #267766 - http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=267766
"samba: uncredible slow file read, profiles not/slow readable".

HTH,
Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #5:
Linux. Where do you want to go tomorrow?