cannot get working OpenOffice under Sarge :-(

Hi all,

I have just installed Sarge/testing on my Fujitsu-Siemens-Amilo-Laptop a
few days ago which runs in principle very fine.

I am using WindowMaker instead of KDE as my default Windowmanager and I
like it much.

But I cannot get running the delivered Deb-OpenOffice1.1.2 properly.
Starting it from the applications-menu or from the command-line doesn't
matter:

OPenOffice always starts, shows its starting-screen and then hangs up.

I always have to kill it by command-line or ksystemguard-tool.

For the first sessions after installation I was using KDE and there I
was able to start it properly.

I deinstalled it with the apt-get-command and installed manually the
downloaded OpenOffice-1.1.2.tar-gz.file from the OpenOffice.org-site.
In this case I can start it but got an error-message when trying to save
under the .sxw-format (using a .doc-file).

Anyway I would like to use the deb-file instead, also because I like
much more the new KDE-style of OO-1.1.2 with the new icons in the
tool-bars .....

What's going wrong here?

Any hints very appreciated.

thx. yours sinc. Richard