Re: Copying Text from a command prompt...No GUI Involved, and then X-windows issue

csj wrote:
On 2. September 2004 at 1:19PM +0000,
"Will Ness" <wilderness48@hotmail.com> wrote:

I have an X-Windows configuration issue, and it was suggested
on IRC that I post the error log onto the mailing list for
others to look at, and perhaps to solve my problem. The
question is how do I do this on a strictly command prompt
basis? Remember I have NO GUI, so I cannot do the normal
highlight with the mouse and paste into window deal. Any
advice? TIA!!

Install gpm.  Highlight with the mouse, open your text editor in
another in another tty (ALT+F#) and paste. This will only work if
the error message isn't too long.

Just to point out the obvious, if all he wants is the X error log, it is saved to /var/log/XFree86.# ...