Dock Appts

I'm new to Debian and learning the system. I have a minimal "testing" set-up here which I got using the business card iso with base packages, fluxbox, links (which I use in graphical mode for downloads) firefox and thunderbird installed. I'd like to use dock appts instead of the gkrellm system monitors on this machine. Must these be Debian packages? Might anyone suggest decent CPU, memory, hard disk and eth0 dock appt that have worked well for them?

jlowell