Re: EXT3 and data=journal

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 02:55:14PM -0400, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:
> How can I use data=journal mode in Sarge, stock kernel 2.4.26-1-i386? If
> I include data=journal in /etc/fstab, I'm told that I can't change the
> journal mode during a remount. Using tune2fs to set journal=data doesn't
> seem to help.

A remount is what you get when you change things like that while the
system is running. Add data=journal to /etc/fstab, and run:

   sudo shutdown -r now

   OR,

   sudo init 6

Yes there are still a few settings that only take effect when you
reboot....

--
The world's most effective spam filter:
        ln -sf /dev/full /var/mail/$USER