Re: phpinfo.php won't load via apache

Can you state again the problem, I can help you but I
do not understand what exactly the problem is.

If you are trying to run a php file within a browser
without the help of a webbrowser it will be difficult,
is this the problem?

Regards
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 14:59:54 -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:

>   I have been fighting this problem for quite awhile
> now and was
> following the thread on similar problem.  This one is
> driving me
> nuts!
>
>   I have in /var/www a file named phpinfo.php.  If run
> from a console
> a console it executes correctly and produces the usual
> output.
>
> If run from within a index.html file
> ie:
> it executes as it should, and did, prior to upgrading
> to php4.
>
>   When run as File > Run FIle, from any browser, it
> hangs or brings up
> a new window that is blank and flashes (as in
> reloading) every few
> seconds, depending on the browser.  That goes on until
> the browser has
> to be killed.  All control within the browser is gone.
>
>   I am running testing with apache 1.3.31-4 and
> libapache-mod-php4
> version 4.3.8-9.  I have checked the BTS and do not
see
> any problems,
> like this, there.
>
> The following are all the revelant php entries in the
> apache dir.
>
> /etc/apache/httpd.conf:    DirectoryIndex index.html
> index.php index.htm index.shtml index.cgi
> /etc/apache/httpd.conf:    AddType
> application/x-httpd-php .php
> /etc/apache/mime.types:application/x-httpd-php phtml
> pht php
> /etc/apache/mime.types:application/x-httpd-php-source
> phps
> /etc/apache/mime.types:application/x-httpd-php3

> php3

/etc/apache/mime.types:application/x-httpd-php3-preprocessed php3
> /etc/apache/mime.types:application/x-httpd-php4

> php4
> /etc/apache/modules.conf:LoadModule php4_module
> /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp4.so
>
>  The really confusing thing is the phpmyadmin runs out
> of the box so I
> am at a loss as to why apache or firefox etc, can't
run