Re: file name character set compatibility

On Thursday 02 September 2004 14:21,
> The Linux kernel supports several windows codepages. If you have
> support for this compiled in (or as a module) you can probably mount
> the file system with the corresponding codepage. Try that first and
> see if it helps. Are we talking hebrew characters or something here or
> is this just special characters like accents and the like?
Some of the files have Hebrew. Some have others (accents?).
My installation is based on Knoppix. There are no charset entries in fstab.

As I said, I do not care if I cannot see the names. I just do not want the
files skipped when I which to copy them.