Re: KMail crashing on startup.

On Wednesday 01 September 2004 20:20, Adam Funk wrote:

> Following various advice received here, I upgraded from testing to
> unstable today.  Although it kept package kmail back (version
> 3.2.2-2), something related has changed and kmail now crashes every
> time I try to start it up.
>
> kmail: relocation error: /usr/lib/libkmailprivate.so.0: undefined
> symbol: _ZN9DwHeaders22AllFieldBodiesAsStringERK8DwString
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this, perhaps by uninstalling some related
> package and reinstalling the testing version of it?  I am desperate.

I now think the problem is actually in version 3.2.3 of a KDE library,
since this problem arose yesterday and I've been using kmail package
3.2.2-2 for weeks.

/home/adam $ COLUMNS=100 dpkg -l |grep 'k.*3\.2\.' |sort -k 3
ii  kmail               3.2.2-2             KDE Email client
ii  ktnef               3.2.2-2             KDE TNEF viewer
ii  libkdgantt0         3.2.2-2             KD's gantt charting library
ii  kasteroids          3.2.3-1             Asteroids for KDE
ii  libkdegames1        3.2.3-1             KDE games library and common
files
ii  ktuberling          3.2.3-1             Potato Guy for KDE
ii  kompare             3.2.3-2             a KDE GUI for viewing
differences between files
ii  kdelibs-bin         3.2.3-2             KDE core binaries
ii  kdelibs4            3.2.3-2             KDE core libraries
ii  kdelibs-data        3.2.3-2             KDE core shared data
ii  kdewallpapers       3.2.3-2             wallpapers released with KDE
ii  kworldclock         3.2.3-3             earth watcher for KDE

/home/adam $ kmail --version
Qt: 3.3.3
KDE: 3.2.3
KMail: 1.6.2

Unfortunately the testing package pools on all the mirrors I've checked
now offer only kdelibs-*_3.2.3-2_i386.deb.  Is there an archive
somewhere where I can get the 3.2.2 library packages?