Re: First general purpose unmoderated newsgroup for Debian

Abdullah Ramazanoglu wrote:

It's my first post here, and I'm having hard time trying to underderstand
why linux.debian.* is being run as mailing list in the first place. I have
no problems with moderation and revealing my mail address (it's my spam
collector anyway). But SMTP is for mail, NNTP is for threaded discussions.
I had once subscribed to several lists, and seeing how awfully inefficient
it is for such things, I had summarily stopped all my list subscriptions,
and I will not subscribe to a single list anymore, no matter what, as a
principle.

I prefer newsgroups too. But since there is little chance too convince those in power, gmane (http://gmane.org/) is a nice workaround.

--
"Codito ergo sum"