Re: raid 1 setup.

Alvin Oga wrote:

whacky :-) but than again .. guess that's okay for an empty /etc/raidtab
I'd disagree. With an empty raidtab nothing should be configured. I'd like to know where this config came from... :|

The thing is I have yet to create any md devices and my

/etc/raidtab   <-which raidtools doesn't use - but I checked anyway
/etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf files are empty..

put real data into /etc/raidtab

- move /etc/raidtab aside to /etc/raid.tab.temp  to tell the box
 don't try raid on bootup

I'd like to start w/ a clean slate, ie no md devices and then go from their.. Haven't been able to do that.

- other places that try to do raid during bootup ...( all over the place )
	grep raid /etc/*
/etc/default/raid2 is one place - but that just offers false/true values

- remove raidtools and mdadm if you dont want to bother configuring sw
 raid
Let me specify by saying I have mdadm and raidtools2 package.

Does anyone have any idea how to erase/remove these md devices? I'd look in /etc/raidtab or mdadm.conf - but those are both empty..