Re: Testing mailing list....

On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 08:11:19AM -0700, Alvin Oga wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, Will Ness wrote:
>
> > This is a test only, please ignore and do not reply. (Newbie at work).....
>
> your first task for "work"  is to figure ut where to send test emails :-)
>
> c ya
> alvin

Since people who do send these messages probably want to see their message
appear on the list, and the rest of us don't. We should suggest that they
have the word "unsubscribe" somewhere in the subject line. They will see
the message because they haven't yet learned how to send such to /dev/null
and the rest of us won't.

Only those saintly souls who monitor list for unsubscribe and help sender
offline will have to deal with tests, but they can modify their filters
to accept email where the subject line includes both test and unsubscribe.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net