Re: No flames please.

On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 02:23:34PM +0200, Nicos Gollan wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 03:57:58 -0400
> spencer ward <infotechsys@pivot.net> wrote:
>
> > I recently change to debian and notice that
> > the default desktop mgr. is KDE. I've been
> > lurking on UserLinux  and the group had
> > a debate as to which desktop they would
> > put in thier distrobution. They decided to
> > use GNOME because of the licencing of
> > Qt. I thought that Troll Co. removed the
> > restriction they had on Qt. So, the question
> > is are there any restriction on the use of Qt?
>
> That discussion is (or at least should be) long over. The free
> Linux/Unix/MacOSX Qt is licensed under the GPL.
>
> http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/freelicense.html

The last time I looked tasksel installed *both* when desktop is
selected. To get just one, you had to select individually. Both are
selectable by hand in apt-get. I don't see a bias. Personnally, I use
the KDE desktop with Gnome Terminal. Gnome Terminal user settings
don't seem to be restored under Gnome desktop. OTOH, sessions don't
seem to be saveable by hand under KDE, only whatever is last running
when you logout. For me, neither deserves to be the "one and only".

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net