Re: xawtv Configuration

On Wednesday 01 September 2004 01:48, Heinrich Christian Peters wrote:
> Hi,
> sorry for my bad English,
>
> did you try the "channel scan" in motv?
> I use motv, my .xawtv is similar to yours, but my channel-sektion
> looks
>
> like this:
> > [ARD]
> > channel = E4
> > capture = on

I finally figured it out.  First, scantv -o .xawtv was what was needed
to actually save the channel listing.  The man pages mention that
scantv defaults to stdout, whatever that's supposed to mean.

And second, I needed to invoke xawtv like this...

xawtv -c /dev/video0

This is one where the man page for it was a hindrance this whole time,
as the instructions said that xawtv defaults to /dev/video0.

Now to figure out streamer, so I can archive to a vcd the premier
episode of Father of the Pride as well as my Mysterious Cities of Gold
collection and a few other tapes before they degrade any further...  :D