Re: apache aliasing

At Monday, 9 August 2004, "Jacob S." <stormspotter@6texans.net> wrote:

>On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 10:23:20 -0400
>Harland Christofferson <debian-user@zerocrossings.com> wrote:
>
>> i have an apache server w/ serveral aliases. however, i am trying
>> to add a new alias that is confusing me:
>>
>> Alias /oscommerce/ /var/www/oscommerce/
>> <Directory /var/www/oscommerce/>
>>   Options ExecCGI Includes FollowSymlinks
>>   AddHandler cgi-script .php .cgi .sh .pl
>> </Directory>
>>

>> <VirtualHost *:3011>
>>     DocumentRoot /var/www/oscommerce/catalog
>> </VirtualHost>
>>

>> when i try to access http://server:3011/index.php i think i should
>> get the index.php in /var/www/oscommerce but i just get a 500 error.
>> if i just try http://server:3011/ i cannot read the contents of
>> the directory.
>
>What is the full text of the 500 error? Does /var/log/apache/error_log
>say anything about the error?
>
>For the directory listing, check your "DirectoryIndex" setting in your
>Apache config file; does it include index.php?

no, id did not ... added it and restared apache ... still no luck.

as far as the 500 error:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and
was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time
the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have
caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server
error log.

Apache/1.3.31 Server