Re: udev question

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, but I've been somewhat busy.

Sam Halliday <fommil@yahoo.ie> writes:

>> Sam Halliday writes:
>> > however... there is one major problem! instead of creating the link to
>> > /dev/input/mouseX, it is creating to the link to /dev/input/ts2, which
>> > does not appear to be a valid mouse device. how can i fix it? (ts2
>> > appears only when the usb mouse is plugged in)

Does ts2 appear when you are not using the udev rule you created?

>From what I can see from the udevinfo you posted, /dev/input/ts2 and
/dev/input/mouse2 are the same exact device.  I have no idea why the
kernel would create the ts2 node (udev doesn't create /sys entries, only
/dev entries, and ts2 is a /sys entry).

How did you decide that /dev/input/ts2 is not a mouse device?  Did you
try to cat it and move the mouse around?

--
John L. Fjellstad